How To Make Apple Pie Recipe
Preamble: Depending where you live apple season can vary, but apples are easy to find year-round. This is an easy pie recipe (you'll need two, doughy, premade piecrusts), great for any occasion from summer picnics to Thanksgiving!
Ingredients for this recipe for 8 people:
- 6 apples,
- 2 piecrusts,
- 3 tbsp. flour,
- 1/2 c. (100g) sugar,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 1 tbsp. cream,
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice,
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon,
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg,
- 1/4 tsp. allspice,
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract,
- 1 tbsp. brandy
How To Make Apple Pie from scratch:
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Press first piecrust into pie plate, trimming any excess dough.
- 3In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, and spices.
- 4Peel and slice the apples (approximately 1/2 inch thick) and remove cores, mix with lemon juice.
- 5Add dry ingredient mixture to apples and mix well. Add the vanilla and brandy, mixing again.
- 6Place the apples in the pan, mounded in the center.
- 7Place second piecrust over the apples, aligning the edges of the dough with the pan (trim if necessary). Press the upper pie crust's edges into the lower, using the end of a fork or your fingers.
- 8Mix egg yolk with cream and brush the surface of the pie. Make small vents in the crust using a knife.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350Â°F until the pie is baked through (an additional 45-60 minutes). Let cool.
Print the Apple Pie recipe:
Rate this recipe:
- Your rating, 5 being the best.
Share this recipe with your friends:
Review and send us your photo:
Recipes you might like:
Sure, a pancake mix is easy, but there's nothing more fulfilling than achieving fluffy, homemade pancakes from scratch! By using fresh ingredients, you'll rest reassured that you're serving your family or guests only the best. Enjoy this easy recipe!
Is there anything better than the smell of freshly baked bread? Although it takes a little kneading and an hour to let the dough rise, it is worth it in the end! Would you like some butter with your bread?
I visited southern India for a month and they do not skip out on breakfast! This is a recipe for upma, a hearty breakfast. As soon as I returned to the US, I looked up this delicious recipe!