How To Make Caramel Recipe
Preamble: Caramel - it summons memories of carnivals, grandparents and ice-cream sundaes! Making caramel is easy, but it helps to calibrate your candy thermometer by checking that it reads 212°F in boiling water, if not, adjust to the difference.
Ingredients for this recipe for 6 people:
- 1 pt. (500g) heavy whipping cream,
- 1 c. (220g) butter,
- 1 c. (23cl) evaporated milk,
- 1 c. (340g) corn syrup,
- 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract,
- 1 c. (220g) packed brown sugar,
- 2 c. (400g) white sugar
How To Make Caramel from scratch:
- 1Line the bottom of a 12x15 inch pan with parchment paper.
- 2In a large, heavy pot (the mixture will double in size and then reduce back to the original size) melt the butter. Add the whipping cream, evaporated milk and corn syrup. Then add the white and brown sugar.
- 3Using a candy thermometer, wait until the mixture reaches 250°F (mix often during this time). Then remove the pot from the heat.
- 4Mix in the vanilla and then pour the caramel into the pan and let it cool. Once completely cooled, you can cut the caramel into squares and wrap them in wax paper to store them.
Print the Caramel recipe:
Rate this recipe:
- Your rating, 5 being the best.
Share this recipe with your friends:
Review and send us your photo:
Recipes you might like:
Sure, a pancake mix is easy, but there's nothing more fulfilling than achieving fluffy, homemade pancakes from scratch! By using fresh ingredients, you'll rest reassured that you're serving your family or guests only the best. Enjoy this easy recipe!
Is there anything better than the smell of freshly baked bread? Although it takes a little kneading and an hour to let the dough rise, it is worth it in the end! Would you like some butter with your bread?
I visited southern India for a month and they do not skip out on breakfast! This is a recipe for upma, a hearty breakfast. As soon as I returned to the US, I looked up this delicious recipe!