How To Make Crepes Recipe
Preamble: Sometimes we're not sure how to pronounce it, but crepe (pronounced 'krepp') is a delicious French pancake that can be made for sweet or savory recipes. Oh-la-la! The mixture will have to refrigerate for one hour before cooking.
Ingredients for this recipe for 8 people:
- 1 c. (140g) flour,
- 2 large eggs,
- 3/4 c. (17cl) milk ,
- 1/2 c. (11 cl) water,
- 3 tbsp. (45g) + 1 tbsp. (15g) butter
How To Make Crepes from scratch:
- 1Melt the 3 tbsp. of butter and then add it to a blender with the rest of the ingredients. Pulse the blender for about 15 seconds. Then place the batter in the refrigerator for an hour to settle.
- 2Heat a small, flat, non-stick pan greasing with part of the 1 tbsp. of butter.
- 3Pour about one ounce of batter into the pan and tilt the pan to evenly spread the batter over it.
- 4Cook the batter for 30 seconds, then flip the crepe and cook it for another 10 seconds. Set it on a plate and then repeat the process for the next crepe. (If the butter starts to burn you may have to wipe off the pan and use some of the butter to grease it again).
- 5The filling is your choice! In France, Nutella crepes are very popular! Crepe with butter and sugar is also a tradition.
- 6If you prefer a savory crepe, return one of the crepes to a pan, crack an egg on it, add some swiss cheese and any veggies you like (maybe even some bacon)!
Print the Crepes recipe:
Rate this recipe:
- Your rating, 5 being the best.
Share this recipe with your friends:
Review and send us your photo:
Recipes you might like:
Sure, a pancake mix is easy, but there's nothing more fulfilling than achieving fluffy, homemade pancakes from scratch! By using fresh ingredients, you'll rest reassured that you're serving your family or guests only the best. Enjoy this easy recipe!
Is there anything better than the smell of freshly baked bread? Although it takes a little kneading and an hour to let the dough rise, it is worth it in the end! Would you like some butter with your bread?
I visited southern India for a month and they do not skip out on breakfast! This is a recipe for upma, a hearty breakfast. As soon as I returned to the US, I looked up this delicious recipe!