How To Make Tortillas Recipe
Preamble: Store bought tortillas are convenient, but homemade tortillas are so fresh and tender and will leave your guests asking how you made them. Tip: If you don't have a rolling pin, roll them using a wine bottle.
Ingredients for this recipe for 4 people:
- 2 c. (260g) flour,
- 3 tbsp. olive oil,
- 3/4 c. (18cl) water,
- 1/2 tsp. salt
How To Make Tortillas from scratch:
- 1Pour the flour and salt into a large bowl and mix.
- 2Make a well in the center and pour in the water and oil, then stir.
- 3Flour a clean work space and place the dough on the flour. Knead about 10-15 times until smooth and then let sit for 10 minutes.
- 4Pull the dough in to 8 pieces and roll them in to a ball.
- 5On your work space, roll each piece in to a 7 inch circle adding more flour if needed.
- 6Spray a large pan with cooking spray and place it over medium heat. Cook the tortillas until each side browns (about a minute on each side).
Print the Tortillas recipe:
Rate this recipe:
- Your rating, 5 being the best.
Share this recipe with your friends:
Review and send us your photo:
Recipes you might like:
Sure, a pancake mix is easy, but there's nothing more fulfilling than achieving fluffy, homemade pancakes from scratch! By using fresh ingredients, you'll rest reassured that you're serving your family or guests only the best. Enjoy this easy recipe!
Is there anything better than the smell of freshly baked bread? Although it takes a little kneading and an hour to let the dough rise, it is worth it in the end! Would you like some butter with your bread?
I visited southern India for a month and they do not skip out on breakfast! This is a recipe for upma, a hearty breakfast. As soon as I returned to the US, I looked up this delicious recipe!