How To Make Turkey Gravy Recipe
Preamble: This is a tasty turkey gravy recipe! It does require the drippings from a roasted turkey, but if you don't have any, it is still possible to make with only chicken broth, it will just be chicken gravy then.
Ingredients for this recipe for 4-6 people:
- Drippings from roasted turkey,
- 6 tbsp. (80g) butter,
- 2 1/2 c. (58cl) chicken stock,
- 1 c. (23cl) white wine,
- 1/3 c. (45g) flour,
How To Make Turkey Gravy from scratch:
- 1Pour the turkey drippings into a large bowl.
- 2Place a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Pour the wine into the pan and reduce to half then pour it into the turkey drippings along with the chicken broth.
- 3Melt the butter in the sauce pan. Sprinkle the flour into the butter 1 tablespoon at a time while mixing with a wooden spoon until well combined (be careful not to burn it).
- 4Then slowly pour the turkey dripping mixture into the flour mixture while mixing. Once about 1/2 cup of the liquid is combined, add the rest 1/2 cup at a time.
- 5Keep cooking until the gravy thickens then flavor with salt and pepper.
Print the Turkey Gravy recipe:
Rate this recipe:
- Your rating, 5 being the best.
Share this recipe with your friends:
Review and send us your photo:
Recipes you might like:
Sure, a pancake mix is easy, but there's nothing more fulfilling than achieving fluffy, homemade pancakes from scratch! By using fresh ingredients, you'll rest reassured that you're serving your family or guests only the best. Enjoy this easy recipe!
Is there anything better than the smell of freshly baked bread? Although it takes a little kneading and an hour to let the dough rise, it is worth it in the end! Would you like some butter with your bread?
I visited southern India for a month and they do not skip out on breakfast! This is a recipe for upma, a hearty breakfast. As soon as I returned to the US, I looked up this delicious recipe!