How To Make Upma Recipe
Preamble: I visited southern India for a month and they do not skip out on breakfast! This is a recipe for upma, a hearty breakfast. As soon as I returned to the US, I looked up this delicious recipe!How To Make Upma was printed 15 times by Internet users.
Photo of this recipe made by Howtomake.com
Ingredients for this recipe for 2 people:
- 1 c. (250g) rava or semolina,
- 4-5 green chilis,
- 2 tsp. coconut oil,
- 1 onion,
- 2 1/4 c. (52cl) water,
- 1 tsp. salt,
- I tbsp. oil,
- 1 tsp. urad dal,
- 1 tbsp. channa dal,
- 1 stem of curry leaves,
- 3/4 tbsp. mustard
How To Make Upma from scratch:
- 1Cut an onion in half length wise and cut a slit in the green chillies.
- 2Heat a kadai pan (or a large sauce pan) over medium heat and add the rava. Then transfer the rava to another pan.
- 3Put the chilies and onion in the same pan with the oil, grad dal, channa dal, 1 stem of curry leaves and mustard. Cook until the onion becomes transparent.
- 4Add the water and salt and boil.
- 5Slowly sprinkle and mix in the rava. Keep stirring.
- 6Once combined, cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- 7Serve with the remaining ingredients and sprinkle with coconut oil.
Print the Upma recipe:
Rate this recipe:
- Your rating, 5 being the best.
Share this recipe with your friends:
Review and send us your photo:
Recipes you might like:
Sure, a pancake mix is easy, but there's nothing more fulfilling than achieving fluffy, homemade pancakes from scratch! By using fresh ingredients, you'll rest reassured that you're serving your family or guests only the best. Enjoy this easy recipe!
Is there anything better than the smell of freshly baked bread? Although it takes a little kneading and an hour to let the dough rise, it is worth it in the end! Would you like some butter with your bread?
Some things get better with time. This banana-pudding, an easy dessert for large get-togethers, is one of those things! Make sure to refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving and you'll need vanilla wafers, vanilla pudding mix and whipped cream!