How To Make Vegetable Stock Recipe
Preamble: Vegetable stock is great to have around. It's the base of soups, risotto, etc! You can make this recipe or even double it, freezing half to have for later so you don't have to keep making the stock. Enjoy!
Ingredients for this recipe for 6 people:
- 2 carrots,
- 2 stalks of celery,
- 8 cloves of garlic,
- 1 onion,
- 1 bunch green onions,
- 1 tbsp. olive oil,
- 8 sprigs of fresh parsley,
- 2 bay leaves,
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme,
- 1 tsp. salt,
- 2 q. (2l) water,
How To Make Vegetable Stock from scratch:
- 1Chop up the green onions and chop the rest of the vegetables into small chunks.
- 2Over a high heat, put the oil in a large pot. Add all of the ingredients except the salt and water. Cook them for about 10 minutes stirring so that they don't stick to the pot.
- 3Then add the salt and water and boil for about 30 minutes. Then strain out the vegetables and then use the broth or store it in jars.
Print the Vegetable Stock recipe:
Rate this recipe:
- Your rating, 5 being the best.
Share this recipe with your friends:
Review and send us your photo:
Recipes you might like:
Sure, a pancake mix is easy, but there's nothing more fulfilling than achieving fluffy, homemade pancakes from scratch! By using fresh ingredients, you'll rest reassured that you're serving your family or guests only the best. Enjoy this easy recipe!
Is there anything better than the smell of freshly baked bread? Although it takes a little kneading and an hour to let the dough rise, it is worth it in the end! Would you like some butter with your bread?
I visited southern India for a month and they do not skip out on breakfast! This is a recipe for upma, a hearty breakfast. As soon as I returned to the US, I looked up this delicious recipe!